Sunday, August 17, 2008

Andy's Debut at the Tabernacle





After all the paperwork and auditions were completed, Andy was ready to play at the Tabernacle. Of course, that included hours upon hours of practice that brought us up to the Tabernacle for some late nights. It was a wonderful experience to be there and feel the Spirit of such a special building that represented such a sacrifice from the early Saints. Many a night the lights in the Tabernacle shut off at 11pm and we found ourselves seeing only by the light of the organ console, but this only enhanced our view of the Christus Statue in the visitors center, which could be seen through the windows of the Tabernacle. The recitals were fabulous and we had such an outpouring of support from friends and family. It was so much fun to have my mom come and visit us! I couldn't have been prouder of Andy for all his hard work to accomplish his dream to play in the Tabernacle before we headed to Kansas!!

1 comment:

The Jimmy Harry Family said...

Ok so this is really going to be sappy!  I am so grateful for family members who strive for and achieve righteous dreams.  Thank you for being the righteous examples that I want my kids to see.  I love that Andy played at the Tabernacle and I love more that he has an amazing wife (YES YOU LESLEY) who supports him and loves him and also full fills the best goals for you and your family.  I love you both and hope and pray you will make it back to the Tabernacle and that I'll be able to hear you play.  PS.  Thanks for the private performance when you came to visit.